Monday, August 20, 2007

A new rivalry, in the same family

I looked outside my office window one sunny afternoon and spotted a shiny yellow "something" in the distance. No it couldn't be, a yellow car with a carbon fiber wing, big fender flares, YES it is, it's an 2003 Evo 8.

At that exact moment, I was ecstatic that we have another EVO in the family. Should I go downstairs and leave a note on the guy's door to join us on weekend autocross adventures, come cruise with us on Fridays, or just simply grab lunch with the rest of the crew. Little did I know, as those thoughts are going through my head, I see this tall, well built man, short hair, walking with a sway in his footsteps, fumbles the key in his hand and struggle for a second to figure out how the keyless entry worked, and pulled open the driver side door of the yellow Evo.

Who could that be?


Well, that man is no other than the driver of the PSG SS, Jeff, who had ended up trading his beloved American V8 Muscle Car for a tiny four cylinder turbocharged AWD Sedan. So how is he doing? HE's LOVING IT.

I have not met a Evo owner more passionate than he is, and even though I've owned the car 4 times longer than he has, it almost puts me to shame how much more he CARES and wants to LEARN about everything the EVO's gots to offer.

The PSG Evo and Jeff's Yellow Evo8 have never gone head to head before at an autocross, but the day for that to happen is none other than the EVO vs STI shootout in Englishtown, New Jersey. Battling amongst a wide assortment of modified Evo's and Sti's, both of our Evo's will look for top honors in the stock category class.

While the Yellow Evo8 lacks a front limited slip, Active Center Diff, 6 Speed, and Bilsteins, the Driver Jeff will make up for most of it with the fresh pairs of V710's and a good driver behind the wheels.

I look forward to seeing our results this weekend.